Freescale公司的电子书(Smartbook)参考设计是基于i.MX515处理器,以及MC13892 功率管理IC(PMIC)和SGTL5000低功耗立体声CODEC.本文介绍电子书SABRE 平台主要特性, 方框图以及i.MX515处理器, MC13892 功率管理IC(PMIC)和SGTL5000低功耗立体声CODEC的主要特性,方框图, MC13892 PMIC典型应用电路图, SGT5000系统方框图,信号流和增益框图,数字音频处理方框图和多种连接图.
Smartbook Reference Design Touch screen tablet based on the i.MX515 processor
Freescale has developed a smartbook tablet reference design, the first in the Freescale Smart Application Blueprint for Rapid Engineering (SABRE) series of platforms.
The SABRE platform for smartbooks provides a personal, portable Internet and entertainment experience while combining some of the best attributes of smartphones and netbooks. This sleek and thin smartbook has a seven-inch touch screen with multimedia playback, long battery life, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth® technology. The supported operating systems include Google Android, ThunderSoft’s Millos Linux and Ubuntu. Options include 3G modem cellular connectivity and ZigBee® Radio Frequency for Consumer Electronics (RF4CE), which uses RF to turn a smartbook into a smart remote control.
Freescale has developed a smartbook tablet reference design, the first in the Freescale Smart Application Blueprint for Rapid Engineering (SABRE) series of platforms. The SABRE platform for smartbooks provides a personal, portable Internet and entertainment experience while combining some of the best attributes of smartphones and netbooks. This design is based on our high-performance, low-power i.MX515 processor and features a seven-inch touchscreen with multimedia playback, long battery life, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth®, optional 3G cellular and optional ZigBee® RF4CE (Radio Frequency for Consumer Electronics). Supported operating systems include Android™, ThunderSofts Millos Linux® and Ubuntu®. System and manufacturing vendors are available to enable customization and rapid time to production.
Sleek and slim form factor: 200 x 128 x 14.9 mm (7.87 x 5.04 x 0.59 inches)
Touchscreen display, 1024 x 600 resolution, 7” screen
Fast i.MX515 processor with ARM Cortex™ A8 core
Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n), Bluetooth 2.1 and GPS are standard, with optional 3G cellular modem and RF4CE
3 megapixel camera with video recording up to VGA at 30 frames per second
Key multimedia and Internet applications: Browser with Adobe® Flash® Player 10.1, media center, image viewer, mail client, PDF viewer and optional RF4CE remote controller
512 MB DDR2 memory, 4 GB to 64 GB internal storage, MicroSD card slot
LED/Status lights: Camera, power, Wi-Fi, modem
Ports: USB 2.0, USB mini, audio in/out and SIM card
Speaker and microphone for full audio capability
2100 mAh battery, USB charging
Sensors include accelerometer and ambient light sensor
System integration and manufacturing partners are available to enable customization and rapid time to production
i.MX51 Applications Processors for Consumer and Industrial Products
The i.MX51 multimedia applications processors represent Freescale Semiconductor’s latest addition to a growing family of multimedia-focused products offering high performance processing optimized for lowest power consumption.
The i.MX51 processors feature Freescale’s advanced and power-efficient implementation of the ARM Cortex A8™ core, which operates at speeds as high as 800 MHz. Up to 200 MHz DDR2 and mobile DDR DRAM clock rates are supported. These devices are suitable for applications such as the following:
• Netbooks (web tablets)
• Nettops (internet desktop devices)
• Mobile internet devices (MID)
• Portable media players (PMP)
• Portable navigation devices (PND)
• High-end PDAs
• Gaming consoles
• Automotive navigation and entertainment (see automotive data sheet, IMX51AEC)
Features include the following:
• Smart Speed Technology—The heart of the i.MX51 processors is a level of power management throughout the device that enables the rich suite of multimedia features and peripherals to achieve minimum system power consumption in both active and various low-power modes. Smart Speed Technology enables the designer to deliver a feature-rich product that requires levels of power that are far less than typical industry expectations.
• Applications Processor—i.MX51 processors boost the capabilities of high-tier portable
applications by providing for the ever-increasing MIPS needs of operating systems and games.
Freescale’s Dynamic Voltage and Frequency Scaling (DVFS) allows the device run at much lower voltage and frequency with sufficient MIPS for tasks such as audio decode resulting in significant power reduction.
• Multimedia Powerhouse—The multimedia performance of the i.MX51 processors is boosted by a multi-level cache system and further enhanced by a Multi-Standard Hardware Video Codec, autonomous Image Processing Unit, SD and HD720p Triple Video (TV) Encoder with triple video DAC, Neon (including Advanced SIMD, 32-bit Single-Precision floating point support and Vector Floating Point co-processor), and a programmable smart DMA (SDMA) controller.
• Powerful Graphics Acceleration—Graphics is the key to mobile game navigation, web
browsing, and other applications. The i.MX51 processors provide two independent, integrated Graphics Processing Units: OpenGL ES 2.0 3D graphics accelerator (27 Mtri/s, 166 Mpix/s) and OpenVG 1.1 2D graphics accelerator (166 Mpix/s).
• Interface Flexibility—The i.MX51 processor interface supports connection to all popular types of external memories: DDR2, Mobile DDR, NOR Flash, PSRAM, Cellular RAM, NAND Flash (MLC and SLC) and OneNAND. Designers seeking to provide products that deliver a rich multimedia experience find a full suite of on-chip peripherals: LCD controller and CMOS sensor interface, High-Speed USB On-The-Go with PHY, and three High-Speed USB hosts, multiple expansion card ports (High-Speed MMC/SDIO Host and others), 10/100 Ethernet controller, and a variety of other popular interfaces (PATA, UART, I2C, I2S serial audio, and SIM card, among others).
• Increased Security—Because the need for advanced security for mobile devices continues to increase, the i.MX51 processors deliver hardware-enabled security features that enable secure e-commerce, digital rights management (DRM), information encryption, secure boot, and secure software downloads. For detailed information about the MX51 security features contact your Freescale representative.
2. MC13892 PMIC
The MC13892 is a Power Management and User Interface components for Freescale’s i.MX51, i.MX37, i.MX35 and i.MX27 application processors, targeting personal media players and personal navigation devices.
•Battery charger system for wall charging and USB charging
•10 bit ADC for monitoring battery and other inputs, plus a coulomb counter support module
•4 adjustable output buck converters for direct supply of the processor core and memory
•12 adjustable output LDOs with internal and external pass devices
•2 boost converters for supplying LCD backlight and RGB LEDs
•Serial backlight drivers for displays and keypad, plus RGB LED drivers
•Power control logic with processor interface and event detection
•Real time clock and crystal oscillator circuitry, with coin cell backup and support for external secure real time clock on a companion system processor IC
•Touch screen interface
•SPI/I2C bus interface for control and register access.
•Two package offering in 7 x 7mm and 12 x 12mm.Features
图4.MC13892 PMIC 简化方框图
图5.MC13892 PMIC 典型应用框图
图6.MC13892 PMIC 典型应用电路图
SGTL5000: Low Power Stereo Codec with Headphone Amp
The Low Power Stereo Codec with Headphone Amp from Freescale is designed to provide a complete audio solution for portable products needing line-in, mic-in, line-out,headphone-out, and digital I/O. Deriving it’s architecture from best in class Freescale integrated products that are currently on the market, the SGTL5000 is able to achieve ultra low power with very high performance and functionality, all in one of the smallest footprints available. Target markets include portable media players, GPS units and smart phones. Features such as capless headphone design and an internal PLL help lower overall system cost.
BENEFITS AND ADVANTAGES
High performance at low power
100dB SNR (-60dB input) @ < 9.3mW
Extremely low power modes
98dB SNR (-60dB input) @ < 4mW (1.62V VDDA,3.0V VDDIO, externally driven 1.2V VDDD)
Small PCB Footprint
Allows for no cost system customization
Stereo Line In
Support for external analog input
Codec bypass for low power
MIC bias provided (5x5mm QFN, 3x3mm QFN TA2)
Programmable MIC gain
85dB SNR (-60dB input) and -73dB THD+N (VDDA=1.8V)
100dB SNR (-60dB input) and -85dB THD+N (VDDIO=3.3V)
100dB SNR (-60dB input) and -80dB THD+N (VDDA=1.8V, 16 ohm load, DAC to headphone)
45mW max into 16 ohm load @ 3.3V
I2S port to allow routing to Application Processor
Integrated Digital Processing
SigmaTel Surround, SigmaTel Bass, tone control/parametric equalizer/graphic equalizer
PLL allows input of 8MHz to 27Mhz system clock -Standard audio clocks are derived from PLL
Designed to operate from 1.62 to 3.6 volts